You and Functional Medicine
If you present us with a symptom or a disease, it is our mission to determine what system or systems in your body have become dysfunctional and whether it is possible to return it to normal function by finding the cause of the dysfunction. Whatever your dysfunction — it is not a Lipitor, Xanax, Nexium, Viagra or Prozac deficiency!
How do we determine what is occurring in your body?
- Detailed family, surgical, and past and present medical history
- Review of all systems of the body and how well they are functioning
- Dietary and exercise history; how often do you pay mind to such things?
- Review of current medication and supplements
- In-depth study of your blood, saliva, urine or stool, depending on your specific situation
Once we have this input, you’ll be scheduled for an appointment in three to four weeks, returning to the office for the review of results. The explanation will be overwhelming and we realize that. We are teachers and over time we will find a way to explain the results to you so you can take charge of your life. We encourage you to read certain books that pertain to your particular situation. We will encourage you to make lifestyle changes. Test results may indicate further testing is required before we can determine the cause of your dysfunction.
Follow-up testing could potentially range anywhere from three weeks to six months depending on your particular situation.